Adam Pipe, barrister at No. 8 Chambers, reviews the key cases from January to June 2019 for immigration lawyers, and explains why they are of interest. The review covers EU law, settlement applications under the Long Residence route, Article 8 updates and deportation and asylum cases.View the full LexisNexis Review here.
This webinar will cover the key immigration law developments from recent months including the latest Article 8 developments. The webinar will consider some of the changes to the immigration rules and legislation along with the latest case law.
The webinar will cover:
- The end of the entrepreneur category and the new Appendix W
- Case law developments including: tax amendment cases, long residence, new matters, EEA law
Article 8 update including:
- Families with children and the correct approach following KO Nigeria
- The statutory Article 8 considerations
- Private life and precarious immigration status
- Article 8 and deportation
- Article 8 and appeals: the relevance of meeting the immigration rules
For more details and how to book, please visit the MBL website.
When booking use coupon code – JULY10 – for your discount.
This training course will be delivered by HJT Director Mark Symes, and Immigration Expert and tenant at No 8 Chambers Adam Pipe.
The course will cover topics including:
- The ten most important immigration case law developments in 2019
- Recurring issues in immigration law: English language and good character HMRC refusals, British citizen children, and the latest thinking in deportation appeals
- Changes to the Immigration Rules: birth of the Innovator and Start-up routes
- EU law developments: the ups and downs of extended family members, the latest thinking on Appendix EU